Monday, November 10, 2014

Late Night Visitor

So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:21

Some mornings dawn bright and cheery. Some are gray and rainy.

And some...

Come with a phone call to your husband informing him we had a cougar in our front yard last night. With those few words I was jerked into full wakefulness this morning.

A cougar.

In the yard.

Did I mention I am 90% city born and raised? Stray dogs. Neighborhood cats. I can handle those. Large felines with sharp claws and pointy teeth...are out of my experience zone.

So what did I do? I got dressed and went outside looking for tracks. After all, a cat of that size wouldn't be able to pass through a yard full of sand without leaving prints, would it?

It did not.

I found the proof in all their over sized cat shaped evidence marching down the driveway like it had every right to be there and knew just where it was going.

I just hope it went somewhere far away. The cute little raccoon prints I saw while tracking those cougar prints are more than welcome. I wouldn't mind coming face to face with one of those little masked bandits. They're cute and make interesting companions when they trail after you. But cats the size of...motorcycles?

I think I'll pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment