Sunday, November 9, 2014

Two Hearts

And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made[a] into a woman and brought her to the man.  Then the man said,
“This at last is bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
    because she was taken out of Man.”
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Genesis 2:22-24

Two arms.

Two eyes.

Two legs.

One heart.

My daughter found a short little poem online asking why we were given two of nearly everything but only one heart. It was cute and made a good point.

We have one heart because our other heart lives inside the man (or woman) the Lord has set apart to be ours. If we are married we know where our other heart is. It lives inside the person that holds our heart in his/her hands.

Can you see the other heart the Lord gave you when your husband (wife) speaks to you? Can you feel it?

I have read many comments by other writers (all women) that talk about their husbands. Every one of them calls him 'my' something. My hero. My cowboy. My... whatever. From the way those writers talk about their husbands it appears that they are heroes come to life. They walked right off the page of a romance novel and into these women's lives.

I am blessed to know where my second heart is. To see it. To feel it in the way my husband treats me.

But there was a time I did not know where it was. A time when I thought I would never find it. Then one day, without warning, it walked into my life when I least expected it. And nothing's been the same since.

God blessed me on that day and everyday since.

Because He made me the heroine in my own manuscript. A story that unfolds more and more with each day. A story that leaves me embracing every line and unable to put the book down.

It is a page turner.

1 comment:

  1. One that is full of blessings and has left me wanting to read more of! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete