Thursday, August 21, 2014

Trust In The Lord


Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

and do not lean on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

 

It’s been a little over a year since I, rather reluctantly, sat down at my computer to try my hand at writing that first manuscript. During that time my writing has taken a turn I never could have imagined. On that first day I wrote simply to please my daughter, now I write because I can’t not write. I have discovered that the Lord has given me a gift and it has become a large part of me. During this time I have found very few things interfere with my ability to write, there are many things that keep me too busy to write, but very few make it where I can’t write. About six weeks ago I completed a move to a new house that I didn’t want to make. Moving was something that interfered with my writing, both in time and ability.

It took time to get moved, time to settle in but I also discovered that living in this new house that didn’t feel like home interfered also. It affected the gift that the Lord gave me, kept the words from flowing the way they usually do. But as in all things God worked this out for good (Romans 8:28) and He showed me things that I didn’t know.

I long ago placed my life in the Lord’s hands, giving Him full control of my life, but when it came time to have to make this move…I didn’t want to do it. I struggled through the thought of moving, struggled with having to move. There were times I wanted to question the Lord on what He was doing to me, ask Him why I needed to go through this trial, in a year that had already been filled with them, but in the end I didn’t ask, I just submitted.

When I couldn’t find a house that met our needs I prayed and gave it to the Lord. I told Him that I was placing it all in His hands because I’d exhausted my resources. There was nothing left that I could do. Only a few hours after that I got a call from a man that had a house and he was willing to pull it off the market and hold it for me if I wanted it.

I took that as an answer to prayer and accepted. Over the next couple of weeks he worked with me in ways I could never have dreamed to get us into this house. So, dear reader, if you’re wondering if God answers prayer, I can tell you, without doubt, that He does.

Now, after over a month in this new house, I can see what I couldn’t when I was fighting the need to move. God has moved me to a better place. And now that it is feeling like home, my writing is back and except for those days when life interferes, my word count is back where it was before. In this house I have even managed an all-time high of 15,000 words in a single day.

And I am thanking the Lord for the blessings He sends my way, even when I struggle with the plans He has set in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment