Saturday, April 26, 2014

Book Review- The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter


 Book Review: The Accidental Bride
Author: Denise Hunter
What can I say? I fell in love with this book almost from the start. I say almost because the first chapter kind of eased into the story, only slightly catching my attention, but chapter two brings the hero and heroine together. Reunites them after fourteen years apart. Her in a wedding dress just as she had been the last time they saw each other. Only this time she’s not wearing it for him. From that moment on, sparks fly between them. Shay can’t stand Travis, or so she tries to convince herself. Travis loves her. He wants another chance, will take her back under any terms, at any cost. When a reenactment wedding where they play the happy couple lands them in a real marriage, Travis grabs his chance, offering Shay the only hope she has to save her ranch. All she has to do is give their marriage a shot.
When I pick up a book to read it must meet two requirements. 1) It must be Christian and 2) it must be romance. I have a third requirement that holds true for 99 out of 100 books. It must be set in the mid to late 1800’s. This book met two out of three of those requirements. The plot line sucked me in and made me buy it even though it’s modern. It set on my to-read-someday stack for months, until that stack got down to slim pickin’s.
I only wish I’d read it as soon as I bought it.
I finished this book in less than a day and have already reread my favorite scenes several times. This is a book I will be reading again and again.
And again.
 
Book Rating: Loved it
A high honor from me for any book, more so for this one because it’s modern.
Young Reader Rating: Very adult
Has adult themes and situations woven throughout most of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment