Friday, April 4, 2014

Book Review- Blowing on Dandelions by Miralee Ferrell


I finished reading Miralee Ferrell’s Blowing on Dandelions last night. As with most of the books I read this sweet story takes place in the American west during the 1800’s. This is a moving tale about a widow and widower that are first brought together during their search for their teenage children, who just happen to be a boy and a girl, and are together without their parent’s permission. As the book progresses the couple are thrown together despite their lack of interest in remarriage. The heroine’s mother moves in with her and stresses life for everyone in the story. I found myself frustrated with the heroine’s mother for her snippy attitude and with the heroine for her lack of gumption to tackle the problem in the way most people would have. I also found myself yearning for longer scenes and more interaction between the hero and heroine. In the end everything worked out and the couple found their happily ever after.

 

            My personal rating for this book: Good but not likely to make my reread list

            Young reader approval: age 14

I rated this book at age 14 because it alludes to adult relationships- although in a very informative and gentle way- and because the 13 year old daughter thinks of running away several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment