Sunday, April 6, 2014

Is Progress Really Better?


Someone please send me a rub board and a wash tub like my heroines use. My washing machine was murdered.

 It is sitting there.

Dead.

Gone. No more. And worse…I believe a roving band of outlaws may have tried to use it to wash their laundry because the thing is full of water that is starting to smell. Bad.

            What brilliant person decided we need a metal box full of complicated pieces that relies on some kind of motor and electricity to wash our clothes? A rub board never gets cantankerous and a wash tub need only be turned over to do away with the soiled water.

            But I suppose I must look on the bright side. That metal box allows me to do in a matter of minutes what it took my heroines hours to accomplish. And when I can cut my work to minutes instead of hours I get more time to play in my alternate world and visit with those characters I love so much.

2 comments:

  1. I have a washboard I can spare! It's the BEST way to get clean clothes.....and exercise! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan,
    Actually we have this antique was board stored away in a closet, but its vital not to touch it if you want to keep your hands injury free. The thing is FULL of long, jagged splinters. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete