Thursday, April 17, 2014

Book Review of Wildflower Bride by Mary Connealy


Book Review: Wildflower Bride (Montana Marriages book 3)

Author: Mary Connealy

I have a hard time reviewing this book because like all of Mary’s books it is full of charm, humor, old west, cowboys, and men that are…men. But this book, although very good, created a problem for me. Maybe if I had bought each book in this series (Montana Marriages) separately I would have liked it better, but reading them one after the other, this one came too close to Montana Rose for me to be able to truly enjoy it. Wade Sawyer may be a good hero, but Mary turned him into a bad guy in Montana Rose, a situation I couldn’t forgive him for. It took me a lot longer to read this book then it normally takes me and I never did like the characters. I wanted very much to like this book, but although a good story and full of Mary’s customary charm, I just couldn’t like it.

Rating: Good- but I’m giving it a low good. Maybe someday I will try rereading it without having first read the other two in this series. It is well worth reading and I still want to like it but…Wade is not a character I could like.

Young Reader Rating: Very adult

No comments:

Post a Comment